Hello everyone – we are back online!
Apologies if we have caused any concerns. The problem has been that on this side of the mountain we are finding it difficult to get satellite phone reception. This morning we found a spot where we can just get a signal at camp 2, but it’s very weak.
Anyrate, the weather didn’t look too good this morning, and with all the snow that fell yesterday, we decided to wait another day before climbing up to camp 3. Our plan at the moment is to climb to camp 3 or to the top of Chapayev (6300m peak in between camp 2 & 3 – see climbing map on the web site) and camp there, then move up to camp 4. Once we leave camp 2 we will only be carrying about 6 days of gas and food, so we need to time everything right.
As yet, we don’t have anymore information about the state of the ropes above camp 3. The UK team is camped right near us, and they went down to base camp a few days ago to get some more gear; we expect them back today, hopefully with some news.
More snow today. As usual, lunch is cooked and eaten inside the tent. More pasta of course! See photo.
Paul & Fiona at camp 2.